Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tied Down



Two weeks with only one car and I felt the pinch of limited mobility. Heck, I couldn't even escape by bike.

My son and I were home-bound on this cold and drizzly Saturday. My wife and daughter went to Brookfield Zoo. For some reason, the rain bypassed them, but Naperville stayed under what seemed like a Joe Btfsplk rain cloud.

Saturday chores kept me busy; video games, TV and a lame attempt to clean his room occupied the 10-year-old's time. The lack of enclosed transportation walled off any outside errands or entertainment. We were stuck with a near endless number of to-do's that don't get done. For example, I finally got around to assembling a radio-controlled race car my son received for Christmas... in 2006. My defense? I don't really have one, except to say that having two cars got us away from the house a lot more often.

No comments: