Pinch me.
When we turned in our leased Honda Odyssey on April 19th, I thought, holy cow, how in the world are we going to manage living with one car? I envisioned pure domestic chaos juggling work, kids, school, and then the logistical nightmare of summer activities.
Fast forward 90 days and I sit here stunned that it has been an almost angst-free experience (as I knock on wood). This month, however, our trusty Subaru Outback threw us a curve. It goes into the shop this week in need of a new power steering box and rear struts. That’s the price of owning a 10-year-old vehicle.
With that, here’s the three month tote:
New car payments (3) $1,980
Gas $ 300
Rental car $ 0
Repairs ($1,180)
Total to date: $1,100
With two months to go, I’m thinking of extending this exercise to the end of the year.

2 comments:
I think you should extend the exercise until you find yourself forced to make a change. With gas prices what they are, if you've found a way to live with one car I say go for it for as long as you can.
Art,
I may end up doing just that.
Bob
Post a Comment