This exchange with my wife occurred earlier today. She took first shift with our kids during swim team time trials at the neighborhood pool:
Phone rings:
Wife: First, I had lens envy (referring to the zoom lens I gave her for our recent 14th wedding anniversary. She's major a photo freak), now I have coffee envy (referring to the cups of Starbucks and Caribou being consumed by the other parents). Just swing by Starbucks and pick me up a decaf of the day.
Me: Got it. See you soon.
Fast forward 10 minutes to a message on the answering machine (I was outside with the dog):

1 comment:
Yea, one-car families are hard to deal with. Luckily, my husband's job is only a mile away, and he can ride his bike. Whereas, my job is 10 miles away, and driving back and forth to school then work, then finally home, takes up a lot of gas! Thank goodness for summer when I'll be off work, off school, and home going no where! This gas situation sucks!!! It cost us over $200 just in gas to go camping to the beach over Memorial weekend! Good thing we don't have a diesel engine!
Post a Comment